Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Torte not Tart!

When I was in London, 3 times a week I was commuting to work by taking two buses. That's right two not one, and buses not subways! The only thing that made that commute alright was Sable Dor Patisserie in Muswell Hill. It was right next to the bus stop and while waiting, I'd run in and grab a pear torte. Glazed pears on top of a soft cake surrounded by a crispy crust...Grab extra napkins.

Don't know if it was the cold or the wait, but it was the best pear torte...no, the best torte...dare I even say, the best pastry I've ever had! I can't even imagine how many calories are in one, so I only indulged one per week. Sometimes two if it was an extra long wait.

Here is a recipe for a pear torte. They are so delicious because they are so hard to make...

http://theprancingpig.com/2009/07/16/hazelnut-and-pear-torte/

No comments: